Anyone in my family can tell you that once fall rolls around I go apple picking. Of course the only natural thing to do with a big bag of freshly picked apples is bake apple pie! Taking a sip of this apple pie smoothie is like putting a luscious piece of apple pie in your mouth. I couldn’t believe how much it tasted like apple pie or how delicious this is! This is very refreshing and my new favorite 🙂
Calories: 215 calories
Prep-time: 5 minutes.
Serving size: 1 person
– 1 large apple of your choice
– 1 cup original almond milk
– 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
– 1 tsp. honey
– pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
– 2 ice cubes
1.) Core and cut your apple into 1/2 inch cubes.
2.) Put the ice into the blender first. Add the apple and then pour in your cup of almond milk. On top of the apple, place your 1/4 cup of cottage cheese. Blend until well mixed (about 2-3 minutes).
3.) Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and honey. Blend until all ingredients are incorporated.
4.) Pour into a class and garnish with cinnamon.
Tips and tidbits:
* Want to reduce the calories? Change the almond milk to unsweetened almond milk. You can also trade the cottage cheese in for non-fat greek yogurt. Fage is my favorite brand.