This delicious and filling smoothie gets you into the “fall” mood. Whether it’s 50 or 100 degrees outside, this delectable treat is great for any pumpkin lover.
Preptime: 5 minutes.
Serving size: 1 person
– 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
– 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1/4 cup quick oats
– 1/2 frozen banana
– 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
– 2 packets of truvia
– 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
– pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
1.) Place all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth or until the cottage cheese and oats are simply grainy and not chunky.
2.) Serve in a glass with a straw. Garnish with whipped cream for an added treat.
Tips and FYIs:
* Don’t be afraid of the cottage cheese. I too thought it would be weird, but it makes the smoothie nice and creamy.
* The smoothie has a nice, grainy texture to it from the oats. It reminds you of the crust of a pumpkin pie.
* This smoothie is very filling and thick. Sometimes I am only able to drink half.