Another easy, portable, and healthy egg muffin cup.
Nutrition Facts: (per cup)
– 6 whole large brown eggs (cage free, vegetarian fed)
– 6 egg whites (separated from the yolk) of additional large brown eggs
– 3 chopped plum tomatoes
– 2-3 tablespoons of fresh finely chopped basil
– 2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
– 4 cups of fresh organic spinach
– 1 teaspoon of sea salt
– Non-stick cooking spray (I use Pam Olive Oil spray)
– cutting board
– sharp knife
– cupcake/muffin tins (mine holds a dozen)
– large bowl
– frying pan
– 1/4 cup measuring cup
Prep-time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
1.) Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2.) Chop your tomatoes and basil and place them in your large bowl. Add your 6 whole eggs and 6 egg whites. Whisk together until combined and add the garlic and salt.
3.) In a frying pan sprayed with pam, cook your spinach until wilted. Add the hot spinach to the egg mixture slowly so as not to scramble your eggs. Whisk all the ingredients together.
4.) Liberally spray your muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop up your egg mixture and fill your muffin tins. You should be able to fill about 12 muffin tins up to the top.
5.) Carefully place the egg cups in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. After they are done, remove the egg cups from the tins (I carefully used a fork) and allow to cool. If you leave them in the tins they will stick.
6.) Refrigerate and re-heat for an on the go breakfast or tasty snack!